Bike to Work Day Events
Bike Commuting Stations for National Bike to Work Day (May 17, 2013)
Novara Backpack Prize Drawing: Stop by one (or more!) bike commuting stations for free food, drinks, and a chance to win one of 4 Novara commuting backpacks compliments of REI Ann Arbor ($80 value)! For every station you visit and put your name in the drawing, you get one more chance to win a backpack!
Team Spirit Challenge: Take a picture of you and your co-workers visiting a bike commuting station and email it to email@example.com. Winners will be determined by the most likes on the getDowntown facebook and TheRide facebook pages!
1st Place: Workplace Plaque and $10 assorted Gift Cards for all pictured
2nd Place: $5 Zingermans gift cards for everyone pictured
3rd place: $5 Sweetwaters gift card for everyone pictured
Ride Downtown With the City's Transportation Manager: Eli Cooper, the City's Transportation Program Manager will be biking to City Hall at 7:20am from Gallup Park on Bike to Work Day. Meet him by the one-lane wooden bridge, adjacent to the B2B trail.
Coming from Ypsi? Bike Ypsi will lead a group commute to Ann Arbor, which will leave at 7:30 a.m. from Beezy's Café. Riders nation-wide are encouraged to ride their bikes to work on this day.
Bike Commuting Station Locations (May 17, 7-9am, map is below)
- UM-Atmospheric, Oceanic and Space Sciences Department Station
- Location and Time: UM North Campus, intersection of Hayward and Bonisteel 7-9am
- Goodies: Enjoy free bagels, coffee, juice and water.
- Common Cycle and U-M Parking and Transportation Station
- Location and Time: Hanover Park, Intersection of Division and Packard Streets, 7-9am
- Goodies: Coffee from Roos Roast, fruit, and a mobile repair stand for a tune-up.
- Maynard Bike House Station (hosted by getDowntown and the Ann Arbor DDA)
- Location and Time: Maynard Street Side of the Maynard Parking Structure, 7-9am with Launch Party at 8:30am
- Goodies: Cupcakes, drinks, and a chance to check out the new Bike House at the Maynard Parking Structure. Ceremonial Ribbon cutting and speeches by Ann Arbor Mayor John Hieftje and more!
- Great Lakes Cycling and Fitness Station
- Location and Time: People's Food Coop (216 N. Fourth Ave in downtown Ann Arbor), 7-9am
- Goodies: Free food and drinks and a mobile repair stand brought to you by Great Lakes Cycling and Fitness.
- Zingerman's Deli, Two Wheel Tango, and Bike A2 Station
- Location and Time: Ann Arbor Y (400 W. Washington in downtown Ann Arbor), 7-9am
- Goodies: Free food and drinks from Zingerman's and a mobile repair stand brought to you by Two Wheel Tango.
- Wheels in Motion and Clean Energy Coalition Bike Commuting Station
- Location and Time: North University and State Street (near the entrance to the Diag), 7-9am
- Goodies: Free food and drinks, "Wheel of Fortune" activity with giveaways and a bike check-up brought to you by Wheels in Motion
- City of Ann Arbor Bike Commuting Station
- Location and Time: City Hall (301 E. Huron in downtown Ann Arbor), 7-9am
- Goodies: Free food and drinks and more!
- Washtenaw Biking and Walking Coalition Bike Commuting Station
- Location and Time: Babo Market (corner of Division and Washington), Time 7-9am
- Goodies: Fresh-made treats from the Sava's Pastry Chef, healthy snacks from babo Market, and fun games.
View 2013 Bike Commuting Stations Map in a larger map