Bike to Work Day Events
Bike Commuting Stations for National Bike to Work Day (May 16, 2014)
We'll be celebrating all things biking during National Bike to Work Day!
Vote for the best station and WIN: Stop by one (or more!) bike commuting stations for free food, drinks, and a chance to win a one of 4 REI Quantum Tablet Backpacks ($70 value)! Vote for which station you think has the station and be entered to win! The winning station will receive a nice Bike Friendly Organization award.
Team Spirit Challenge: Take a picture of you and your co-workers visiting a bike commuting station and email it to email@example.com. Winners will be determined by the most likes on the getDowntown facebook and TheRide facebook pages!
1st Place: Workplace Plaque and $25 MDen Gift Cards for all pictured (13 max).
2nd Place: $5 babo gift cards for everyone pictured
3rd place: $5 Sweetwaters gift card for everyone pictured
Bike Ypsi Bike to Work Day Ride (May 16, 7:30am, Beezy's Cafe, 20 North Washington Street, Ypsilanti)
Bike to Ann Arbor with your fellow Ypsi residents on Bike to Work Day! Free coffee at Beezy's for cyclists wearing a helmet (Beezy's opens at 7am). Ride leaves promptly from Beezy's for Ann Arbor at 7:30am.
Bike Commuting Station Locations (May 16, 7-10am, map is below)
- UM-Atmospheric, Oceanic and Space Sciences Department Station
- Location: UM North Campus, intersection of Hayward and Bonisteel
- Goodies: Enjoy free bagels, coffee, juice and water.
- ArborBike Station
- Location: Ann Arbor District Library, Fifth Ave in downtown Ann Arbor
- Goodies: Check out a bike from the ArborBike bikesharing program and other goodies!
- Common Cycle and U-M Parking and Transportation Station
- Location: Hanover Park, Intersection of Division and Packard Streets,
- Goodies: Coffee from Roos Roast, fruit, and a mobile repair stand for a tune-up.
- Wheels in Motion and U-M Planet Blue Station
- Location: The U-M Diag
- Goodies: Free food and drinks, "Wheel of Fortune" activity with giveaways and a bike check-up brought to you by Wheels in Motion
- Great Lakes Cycling and Fitness and People's Food Co-op Station
- Location: People's Food Co-op (216 N. Fourth Ave in downtown Ann Arbor)
- Goodies: Coffee and granola bars and help with your bike from Great Lakes.
- Zingerman's Deli and Two Wheel Tango Station
- Location: Ann Arbor Y (400 W. Washington in downtown Ann Arbor)
- Goodies: Free food and drinks from Zingerman's and free bike tune-ups compliments of Two Wheel Tango.
- Ann Arbor State Bank Station
- Location: Ann Arbor State Bank (125 W. William St in downtown Ann Arbor)
- Goodies: Free food, drinks and giveaways.
- Ann Arbor News/Mlive.com Bike Commuting Station
- Location: 111 N. Ashley
- Goodies: Bike to Work Day photobooth, tours of the newsroom, free food, drinks and giveaways.
- City of Ann Arbor Bike Commuting Station
- Location and Time: City Hall (301 E. Huron in downtown Ann Arbor), 7-9am
- Goodies: Refuel after your commute with free coffee, juice, fruit, breakfast breads and air (for your bike tires!) from the Fix it Stand!
- Washtenaw Biking and Walking Coalition Bike Commuting Station
- Location: Babo Market (503 E. Washington)
- Goodies: Enjoy yummy morning treats courtesy of Babo Market, enter in a raffle for Rob Pulcipher's book Dirt Road Washtenaw, and learn all about how you get more engaged with bike & ped advocacy efforts from the friendly WBWC volunteers.
- Mighty Good Coffee and Two Wheel Tango Bike Commuting Station
- Location: Mark's Carts (211 W. Washington St)
- Goodies: Free coffee and food from Mighty Good and free tune-ups from Two Wheel Tango
- Sic Transit Station
- Location: Sic Transit Cycles (1033 Broadway, Ann Arbor, MI 48105)
- Goodies: Free food and drinks
View 2014 Bike Commuting Stations Map in a larger map